First off, I would like to state that in no way does the dissection of this video lessen my belief that the other videos in this blog have a strong case for being credible. If you have been reading this blog you already know that I present these found videos with a cautionary tone as to their credibility. I try to pick them apart and never claim that they are real. All of the videos need to be viewed through a skeptical lense.
Some are obviously hoaxes and it’s a shame that some people feel the need to muddy the waters in our pursuit of the truth. They appear to be motivated by the need to increase their hits on YT in order to earn ad income OR they simply think we are all idiots and like the idea that they can sucker us into believing them.
I present the video above as an example of a possible hoax and will present the facts as I see them. I apologize to the YT poster if the video is real. The list below can unfortunately become guidelines on what not to do in order to create hoaxes. In my opinion this is not real because:
• It is very short.
• It uses a title screen.
• They call the video an Alien Horn and warn of doom. Really? And how do they know it’s an alien.
• The sound starts way into the video.
• The sound has no atmospheric quality and seems like it’s right there and in stereo. Most videos sound like they are more distant and surround.
• The search tags include Kiev (a famous, I think fake sound video) and all the other cliche tags associated with this phenomenon.
• They claim, after someone asked why they didn’t film surroundings, that there were trees and a street at 190 degrees. If you will look you will see that the video is shot through a window.
• It’s obviously a ship horn and the ship was in the video too. Yes it does sound like Kiev a little and I think that’s where they got the idea.
• They have a ufo related video on their channel.
• The clanging has absolutely nothing to do with the fog horn and are clearly separate sounds. See the video from Indianapolis below to hear intriguing metal banging.
• ANYTHING that sounds like the alien trumpets in the new War of the Worlds movie is suspect!
• They used a date in the title. Strange thing to do unless you are trying to control search traffic.
If you see any reason that this might be real please comment because maybe I’m missing something. As a final comment, I want our readers to know that this blog generates no income and only exists to inform and study the mysterious sky noise phenomenon.
Believability Scale: | | | | | | | | | |
plus: no plus
minus: see above